Can Fabric & Upholstery be used on a car interior?
Yes. Fabric & Upholstery can be used on most car interiors. However, it is not recommend for use on velvet/velour car interiors for stain removal.
Can Fabric & Upholstery be used as a spot remover?
This product can be used for stain removal as shown on the can. But, if you don’t clean the entire article, you run the risk of seeing water rings where the product was used. If you want to clean one spot on your upholstery, we recommend Pet Stain & Odor Remover.
Can Woolite's Fabric & Upholstery cleaner be used on carpet?
This product is recommended for an overall cleaning of furniture. It has not been tested on fibers and fabrics which carpets are made from, therefore, we do not recommend using Fabric & Upholstery in this manner for carpet stain removal.
How do I remove the fragrance left by this product?
The majority of the fragrance dissipates within 48 hours. Use of a deep cleaning machine will remove any lingering fragrance or soap.
How do you use Fabric and Upholstery Cleaner for stain removal:
What is the manufacturer’s cleanability code and how do you read this code?
- Remove excess stain gently by blotting with a clean, absorbent cloth.
- Wet the stain with cool water. Do not soak.
- Spray soiled area with Fabric and Upholstery Cleaner and wipe gently with a clean, warm, damp colorfast sponge or cloth.
- Blot dry. Repeat as required to remove the stain.
- For best stain removal results treat stains immediately. To avoid rings, clean the whole article.
Furniture is coded using the following symbols which refer to solubility of the dyes in the upholstery fabric. Any cleaning product used on a piece of furniture for the first time must be tested for colorfastness.
- S = Clean with solvent only
- W = Clean with water only
- W/S or S/W = Clean with water and/or solvent
- X = Do not clean with water or solvent
If furniture is coded X or S, Do Not Use Woolite Fabric & Upholstery for stain removal on the item.